Manage "Multiple-projects modules" How to do it?

Topics: Web Guidance v-Next (not WCSF)
Nov 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I'm working on a "Web Project", that needs to be modularized in different projects. According to the documentation, that is possible with a Multiple Modules strategy.

I'm affraid that the documentation does not provide a clear example of how to it.

Could it be possible to have the sample solution that the documentation exposes as printscreens about Multiple Project Modules?

(Developing Web Apps - 2010 -> Modular Web Aplications -> Define the solution structure for a modular web application -> Multiple Project Modules)

Thanks a lot,

Best regards

W.N.

Nov 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Hi W.N.

The source code of WCSF 2010 provides you Quickstart a Reference Implementation Applications. So you could download the source code from here.

If you need more guidance on the modularity topic, you could take a look at the following Quickstart:

Additionally, for a complete list of the Quickstarts and Reference Implementation Applications, you could check the following two documentation sections:

Hope this helps.

Fernando Antivero
http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:18 PM

@fantivero

And what about MVC? How to accomplish Multiple Modules strategy, which is shown on printscreen mentioned by nachocw?

Developer
Dec 9, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Hi,

According to the Web Guidance documentation:

"ASP.NET MVC areas help with organizing the physical structure of distinct functional areas. The Music Store Reference Implementation (Music Store RI) uses areas to help define the boundaries of modules using the single-project modules described earlier. For more information about ASP.NET MVC areas, see Walkthrough: Organizing an ASP.NET MVC Application using Areas.
Regardless of the delimitation approach you use in your application, consider grouping your modules into MVC areas, because it can be of great help during development, both for physical and logical delimitation."

You might find a sample of using modularity in MVC in the Music Store Reference Implementation.

I hope you find this helpful.

Guido Leandro Maliandi
http://blogs.southworks.net/gmaliandi