Problems with hands-on-labs (Lab 01)

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Jan 16, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Hi,

Having been involved into a major Smart Client Software Factory successfull project where I did all the CAB related nfrastructure design, I have been reassignent to a project where I would have to do the same kind of work with the Web Client Software Factory.

I'm trying to go through the WCSF labs and I'm facing a problem right from the start. I read that I had to use VS2005 Team System to add the unit testing projects so I had to uncheck this option to be able to continue. After creating the EFT, Reports and Admin modules as stated in the lab01 document, I should see 3 sections in the websites each containing a default.aspx page and a Web.Config file. But they're not generated. And when I try to run, I get a System.NullReferenceException. Any idea of what's happening?

Thanks
Jan 17, 2008 at 2:43 PM
Hi.

Can you provide us more information about the exception?
What Visual Studio version are you using? Are you running Visual Studio as Administrator? Any information will be helpful.

Thanks.

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi
Jan 17, 2008 at 6:45 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. I feel a little bit ashamed of myself because I found out I was not creating the right type of project. I have to admit the problem was beind the keyboard... I'll jump through the 7th storey window as soon as this message will be posted.

Sorry