WCSF with Membership Provider

Topics: User Forum, Web Client Software Factory, Web Guidance v-Next (not WCSF)
Mar 4, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Hi All,

i am using the standard microsoft (System.Web.Security) membership provider to administrate the access to specific pages by rules and roles.  One benefit of the provider is, that there can be specific user settings as language and cultureinfo.

If i change the supported language of the current logged in user, all labels are switched correct to the new language if a resource file is available - otherwise they using the default resource file. That is what it has to work - and it works fine.

At one position of the page i am using a System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider for a footermenu. Changes of the userlanguage will change the itemtext of the menuitems also at runtime. So this works also fine.

But:

The dynamic sitemap for the mainmenu created via the ModuleInitializer.RegisterSiteMapInformation(...) dos not !

This method will be called one times when the app was started - and never ever again. When i change the language of the Browser, the item will be displayed in the browserlanguage (f.e. "de-DE" or "en-US") after i restart the browser.

My Question:

How can i change the menuitems dynamically?

tia

Jan Waiz

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Nobody out there who design multilanguage apps?

Or do i have a so extraordinary Question how to change the Menuitem-Text during Runtime - Menuitems that are added via ModuleInitializer.RegisterSitemapInormation?

Hey! Folks! Dont let me down! :-)

tia

Jan Waiz

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:05 AM

Am i right that this group is still alive?

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Hi Jan,

I created sample application which shows a possible way to achieve this kind of functionality based on this old thread. You can download it from here.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman
http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman