PageFlowQickstart Compilation Error

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, UIP Application Block discussion, User Forum
Oct 17, 2007 at 8:33 PM
Hi,

I am new to WCSF. I downloaded and installed the WCFS June 2007 release. I followed all the instructions in the document including the Prerequsites. I have checked the dependencies while installing the WCFS as well. Everything was installed. But I am not able to compile the project. Please help me fixing this error as it is important for me in the process of evaluating WCFS to incorporate in our project ASAP.

Error 95 The type or namespace name 'WorkflowFoundation' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow' (are you missing an assembly reference?) c:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\Modules\Customers\Customers.PageFlows\CustomersApprovalPageFlow.cs 30 36
Error 96 The type or namespace name 'PageFlow' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\Modules\Customers\Customers.PageFlows\CustomersApprovalPageFlow.cs 34 61
Error 97 The type or namespace name 'WorkflowFoundation' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow' (are you missing an assembly reference?) c:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\Modules\Customers\Customers.PageFlows\CustomersApprovalPageFlow.Designer.cs 98 46
Error 98 The type or namespace name 'WorkflowFoundation' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow' (are you missing an assembly reference?) c:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\Modules\Customers\Customers.PageFlows\CustomersApprovalPageFlow.Designer.cs 101 46
Error 99 The type or namespace name 'WorkflowFoundation' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow' (are you missing an assembly reference?) c:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\Modules\Customers\Customers.PageFlows\CustomersApprovalPageFlow.Designer.cs 102 46
Error 100 Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\Modules\Customers\Customers.PageFlows\bin\Debug\PageFlowQuickstart.Customers.PageFlows.dll' could not be found Customers
Error 101 The type or namespace name 'Modules' does not exist in the namespace 'PageFlowQuickstart' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\StartCustomersApprovalView.aspx.cs 28 26 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 102 The type or namespace name 'IStartCustomersApprovalView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\StartCustomersApprovalView.aspx.cs 31 81 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 103 The type or namespace name 'StartCustomersApprovalViewPresenter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\StartCustomersApprovalView.aspx.cs 42 13 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 104 The type or namespace name 'StartCustomersApprovalViewPresenter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\StartCustomersApprovalView.aspx.cs 45 12 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 105 The type or namespace name 'Modules' does not exist in the namespace 'PageFlowQuickstart' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\SummaryView.aspx.cs 21 26 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 106 The type or namespace name 'Modules' does not exist in the namespace 'PageFlowQuickstart' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\SummaryView.aspx.cs 22 26 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 107 The type or namespace name 'ISummaryView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\SummaryView.aspx.cs 24 52 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 108 The type or namespace name 'SummaryViewPresenter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\SummaryView.aspx.cs 26 5 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 109 The type or namespace name 'Customer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\SummaryView.aspx.cs 27 13 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 110 The type or namespace name 'SummaryViewPresenter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\SummaryView.aspx.cs 44 12 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 111 The type or namespace name 'Customer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\SummaryView.aspx.cs 59 12 C:\...\DevelopmentWebsite\
Error 112 The type or namespace name 'Modules' does not exist in the namespace 'PageFlowQuickstart' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\CustomerDetailsView.aspx.cs 21
Error 113 The type or namespace name 'Modules' does not exist in the namespace 'PageFlowQuickstart' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\CustomerDetailsView.aspx.cs 22
Error 114 The type or namespace name 'ICustomerDetailsView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\CustomerDetailsView.aspx.cs 24
Error 115 The type or namespace name 'CustomerDetailsViewPresenter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\CustomerDetailsView.aspx.cs 26
Error 116 The type or namespace name 'Customer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\CustomerDetailsView.aspx.cs 27
Error 117 The type or namespace name 'CustomerDetailsViewPresenter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\CustomerDetailsView.aspx.cs 44
Error 118 The type or namespace name 'Customer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\ssellimuthu\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\QuickStarts\PageFlow\WebSites\DevelopmentWebsite\Customers\CustomerDetailsView.aspx.cs 59
Oct 17, 2007 at 8:34 PM
Please help me fising the PageFlowQuickstart project
Oct 18, 2007 at 5:42 PM
Hi Nagu.

Can you create a Page Flow Project in your WCSF solutions? And a Page Flow Definition?
More information, please, read the following WCSF documentation topic:
  • How to: Create a Page Flow Project (Developing Web Client Applications -> How to: Create a Page Flow Project)
  • How to: Create a Page Flow Definition (Developing Web Client Applications -> How to: Create a Page Flow Definition)

If you have installed .NET Framework 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (Windows Workflow Foundation) maybe, you can try to reinstall these.

Please let me know if this helps.

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi