Workflow with id "XXX" not found in state persistence store.

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Oct 5, 2007 at 7:28 PM
I'm receiving the following error: Workflow with id "XXX" not found in state persistence store. When calling RegisterPageFlow.Start() from the following code:

ProviderDependency(typeof(PageFlowDirectory))
public IPageFlowProvider PageFlowProvider
{
get { return _pageflowProvider; }
set { _pageflowProvider = value; }
}

protected IPageFlow RegisterPageFlow
{
get
{
if (_registrationPageFlow == null)
_registrationPageFlow = _pageflowProvider.GetPageFlow(typeof(RegisterPageFlow));

return _registrationPageFlow;
}
}

public void Register()
{
if (RegisterPageFlow.Status == PageFlowStatus.NotStarted)
RegisterPageFlow.Start();

RegisterPageFlow.RedirectToCurrentPage();
}

I've received the error even after trying the following steps:
I've tried deleting rows from the InstanceState & pageFlow_InstanceStore tables
I've tried deleting & recreating the workflow persistence database to the same SQL instance

The only thing that has worked for me was to install the workflow persistence database on another SQL instance.

How can I fix this issue?
Oct 5, 2007 at 8:39 PM
Hi.

Sebastian Iacomuzzi once answered a thread, regarding the very problem, proposing several possible workarounds:

Please let me know if this helps

Ignacio Baumann Fonay
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ibaumann/
Oct 5, 2007 at 10:49 PM
Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for the reply. I read that thread prior to posting this discussion. The first 2 workarounds involve deleting rows from InstanceState & pageFlow_InstanceStore. I've tried this with no luck. Even deleting the entire workflow persistence database & recreating it on the same SQL instance doesn't help. The only thing that did help was creating the persistence database on a separate sql instance & changing the connection string of the SQLPersistenceWorkFlowService to use the new database.

The other 2 workarounds don't apply to this issue, since I'm not using 2 persistence databases or using delay activities.