UserControls and Modules

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Sep 18, 2007 at 3:00 PM
I am trying to evaluate the web client software factory for a CRM type project and I need a few questions answered. I noticed the weekly drops now have support for User Controls and Master Pages which I am very happy about.

Is it possible to make use of a user control built as part of one module in another one?

Basically what I need to do is build a module which is a collection of user controls from other modules, like a dashboard in a CRM type application. So if a client performs an action on a user control, I can mediate across multiple user controls from various modules in a dashboard module.

Is this possible to do with WCSF or should I look for an alternate solution?
I took a look at the MVPCompsibility quickstart and the mediator is used inside the same module where the user controls reside, what I need is a mediator to mediate the controls from various modules.

Thanks,
Tariq
Sep 18, 2007 at 5:41 PM
Hi Tariq

Yes, this scenario is supported. In our RI we demonstrate how to do this. The RI hasn't 'shipped' but you can access it by downloading the source and looking at in OrderManagementRI folder. WIthin the RI you will see we have a Customer UserControl that is used cross module.

Glenn
Sep 18, 2007 at 7:56 PM
Thanks... I'll have a look!