Upgrade from WCSF 1.0 to WCSF 1.1

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Aug 26, 2007 at 9:25 AM
Edited Aug 26, 2007 at 9:27 AM
hi there ,
i got a solution that was using both WCSF 1.0 and WSSF 1.1
suddenly i faced problem with adding view using the Add View ( With Presenter ) recipe
http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=websf&title=AddViewPresenterException

i've try to do the upgrade simple by uninstall WCSF 1.0 and install WCSF 1.1 and upgrade the .\Library folder with the new DLLs
but i got exception when i try to run the recipe
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe

CreateViewCS. Error was: Action AddViewAspxToWebsiteProject failed to execute:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection.
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library.DteHelper.FindItemByName(ProjectItems collection, String name, Boolean recursive)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library.DteHelper.FindItemByName(ProjectItems collection, String name, Boolean recursive)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Actions.VisualStudio.AddItemFromStringToProjectItemByNameAction.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String

actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String

actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Coordinators.ConditionalCoordinator.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement

coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments,

ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments,

ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

Is there anyone familiar with this error ?

Is there any document describe how to do the upgrade ?

Any help will be appreciated

Best regards,
Sami
Aug 27, 2007 at 1:27 PM
Hi Sami!

For directions on how to upgrade from the Web Client Software Factory June 2007 release see How to upgrade from the Web Client Software Factory January 2007

And, for instructions on how to enable existing Web client solutions (created with the Web Client Software Factory – January 2007 release) to use the guidance package provided in the June 2007 release, see Enabling January 2007 Solutions.

Hope it helps!

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi
Aug 28, 2007 at 4:04 PM
hi Sebastian ,
Thanks for your help, i will try it and will update the post

in same time i got question with this upgrade affect the Web Service Software Factory - December 2006 (refresh) version
as i got both in the same solution ?

best regards,
Sami
Aug 31, 2007 at 6:52 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2007 at 10:30 PM
hi there ,
it didn't work with me
i've Install everything on a virtual machine
and redo the migration for the application
While i'm was trying creating new Web Client Solution i got error
Could not load Type ‘Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extentions.Actions.OS.CreateDirectoryAction’ from assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extentions, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
i've add the following to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.config
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Common" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral"/>
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.60429.0" newVersion="1.2.0.0"/>
</dependentAssembly>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Practices.ComponentModel" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral"/>
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0" newVersion="1.2.0.0"/>
</dependentAssembly>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Practices.Common" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral"/>
</dependentAssembly>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral"/>
</dependentAssembly>

It seem now working and i can create new solution and execute different recipes on it

But i'm still facing exception below with migrated solution from WCSF1.0

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateViewCS. Error was: Action AddViewAspxToWebsiteProject failed to execute:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection.
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Actions.VisualStudio.AddItemFromStringToProjectItemByNameAction.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Coordinators.ConditionalCoordinator.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

Any help will be appreciated

Best regards,
Sami