Web Client Software Factory vNext: Enhancements in the Guidance Package

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Developer
Aug 20, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Hi guys,

I want to share with you the post I have just published.

In the post you will find the enhancements we have done to the guidance package so far.

I hope you find this post useful. Any kind of feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Aug 20, 2007 at 6:04 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2007 at 10:11 PM
Looks great. Is this being built for vs 2008?

Project structure wishlist:
  • More control over namespaces, assembly names, folder structure at guidance time (including when ‘Tests’ are gernerated)
  • Ability to add modules with “.” MyCompany.MyWebClient.MyModules.MyAdminModule

I dont really like the layout of the current WCSF guidance, spend alot of time rearraning things after guidance runs

Jarod Ferguson
Aug 22, 2007 at 6:28 PM
I really want VS 2008 support. I'd like to build something using WCSF & Linq to SQL.
Aug 23, 2007 at 4:07 AM

jferguson wrote:
Looks great. Is this being built for vs 2008?

Project structure wishlist:
  • More control over namespaces, assembly names, folder structure at guidance time (including when ‘Tests’ are gernerated)
  • Ability to add modules with “.” MyCompany.MyWebClient.MyModules.MyAdminModule

I dont really like the layout of the current WCSF guidance, spend alot of time rearraning things after guidance runs

On a couple projects I've worked on, we took the guidance package and customized some of these items. Once you take a look, it is easy to update the package. We chose this method to ensure consistency across developers.
Aug 23, 2007 at 4:15 AM

ejadib wrote:
In the post you will find the enhancements we have done to the guidance package so far.

Its my understanding the way the presenter is wired-up to the view will change with the new version of the WCSF. Will the new version of the WCSF provide a way to upgrade projects designed with the existing WCSF package?