how to make the ActionsMenu not include some pages of the site but make the menu visible when accessing that pages?

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Aug 6, 2007 at 9:37 AM
I used as a starting point the RI example of the WCSF so I included in my site the left side ActionMenu in the master page.
I noticed that if I don't add, in a ModuleInizializer, a page with the siteMapBuilderService.AddNode, accessing that page the ActionMenu is not displayed.
In my site there are some pages that I don't want to access directly from the ActionMenu (they are successive pages that depends on user input on a page accessed by the ActionMenu): however I want the ActionMenu displayed olso for that pages (that use the same Master page).
How I can register a page in the siteMapBuilderService (so the ActionMenu is displayed) but not having a visible reference in the left side ActionMenu?

For the time been I used a TreeView with the proper MaxDataBindDepth to hide the successive pages of a task, but it is only a work around that can works if the Depth of all task (that I want to display in the lest side Menu) is the same!! I hope that someone can suggest me some better approch ....

<div id="sideContent">
<asp:TreeView runat="server" ID="ActionsMenu" ExpandDepth="1" DataSourceID="moduleActionsSource" MaxDataBindDepth="1" NodeIndent="5" />
</div>
Oct 10, 2007 at 10:14 AM
Did you ever get this resolved? I am facing the same issue.
Oct 10, 2007 at 1:23 PM
I would also know if anyone have any soulution for this.......

Another case is that "sub-pages" from an ActionMenu-page is shown in the site navigation path but not necessary in the ActionMenu (on the left).

LFC
Oct 10, 2007 at 6:07 PM
Sorry ...
I didn't find any other solution that the one described in my first post. For the time being the depth of my menu is luckly the same ad the work-around I found still works. I hope that someone of the team post some better solution.

I still have also the problems using the ModulesMenu, always of the Reference Implementation of WSSF (see http://www.codeplex.com/websf/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=12830 ): I have not receved any answer of that post ... nobody faced that same problem?