Utility classes

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Aug 3, 2007 at 6:25 PM
I have some utiltiy classes that I want/need to use in my wcsf project. Which way is the best way to add them into the project? Should I use a foundational module or just add the class in with references in the module layer? There is no data being used with them but they will return some data to several screen views, etc.

Any thoughts on best how to implement?
Aug 3, 2007 at 7:46 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2007 at 10:12 PM
I would use a foundational module want to take advantage of Dependency Injection / WCSF Services
-Your utility classes need access to WCSF global services
-Your utility classes need to add global services (expose your utilities as services and inject into other modules)

Otherwise, you can always just drop your classes in a regular assembly and reference.

Jarod Ferguson

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:21 PM
Hi!

From my experience, I would use a foundational module.
A foundational module exposes functionality that is shared across the application (provide services to the other modules in the application).

The WCSF’ documentation describes:

Foundational modules are units of development and deployment that encapsulate infrastructure services. They do not contain Web pages nor do they have a module composition container. An example of a foundational module could be a module that contains services, such as logging and authorization services.

Hope it helps!

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi
Aug 3, 2007 at 8:25 PM
Thanks everyone.

Seems the Foundational modules will be the route to take.

Pat.