How can we distribute the modified Guidance Package?

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, UIP Application Block discussion, User Forum
Jul 11, 2007 at 4:10 PM
Hi,

I have taken the source code of the WCSF Guidance Package and have modified few source files and templates to add extra features. I want this package to be available to other developers. How can I make this guidance package available to others? I mean, they should do the same thing as to what they do to install the WCSF guidance package - making it available under Visual Studio project templates.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Thanks,
N.T.GOPALAKRISHNAN
Jul 12, 2007 at 12:24 PM
Hi!

You can see Help’s topic "How can we distribute the modified Guidance Package?". Here’s a quote from it that may help you:

To distribute a guidance package, you create and distribute a Windows Installer package. Developers run the setup program and then enable the guidance package. If you distribute a new version of the guidance package, developers must uninstall the previous instance of the guidance package before installing the new one. All instances of Visual Studio must be closed to install a guidance package.

The following procedure describes how to install the guidance package Web Client Development. This procedure assumes that you have built the guidance package setup project.

To install the guidance package for Web Client Development

1. Close all instances of Visual Studio.
  2. Execute the file WebClientFactoryPackageSetup.msi. This file is located in the output directory of the WebClientFactoryPackageSetup project.

Hope it helps!

Luciano G. Panaro
http://staff.southworks.net/lpanaro