Can't create business module (any more)

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Jul 11, 2007 at 5:25 AM
I have a solution that is using both the wcsf and the web service factory. I couldn't create a business module, but then I followed the instructions from Mariano's blog. It worked. I had to close the solution then re-opened it later, and now I can't create a business module again. I verified that all the prescribed changes are still in my solution file and web.config, and I added a reference to the shell project in my web project. The error message I get is almost immediate when I try to add a business module:

------Begin Error-----

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Converters.ProjectWithResponsibilityConverter' from assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.AliasResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.CreateAndConfigureConverter(Argument argument, ITypeResolutionService resolution, TypeConverter converter)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.EnsureInitializeMetadataForCurrentRecipe()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.ExecuteFromTemplate(String recipe, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.ExecuteRecipe(Boolean executeActions)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunStarted(Object automationObject, Dictionary`2 replacementsDictionary, WizardRunKind runKind, Object[] customParams)

------End Error-----

Please help--I am totally stuck and am out of ideas (I also renamed the*.gpState file in my solution directory, but that didn't help).
Developer
Jul 16, 2007 at 6:31 PM
Hi, from my experience it looks that the Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.dll assembly was overwritten by 1.0 version when you installed WSSF.

Please copy the 1.2 version provided by WCSF to %program files%\visual studio 8\common7\ide\public assemblies and try it again.

You may find the following post useful: http://www.codeplex.com/smartclient/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=10749

Please let me know if this helps,

Ezequiel Jadib
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ejadib