Pageflow App Block

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, Project Management Forum, UIP Application Block discussion, User Forum
Jun 27, 2007 at 3:43 PM
hey guys, WCSF seems to be intresting but currently i am not looking at implement it as a whole, can i use only PageFlow application block in my project? if yes how?

Developer
Jun 28, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Edited Jun 28, 2007 at 7:38 PM
Hello, yes you can use the PageFlow Application Block in your project.

To use the PageFlow Application Block in your project, you could follow the following steps:

• Read the topic Developing Web Client Applications | How to: Enable your solution for Page Flow of the WCSF Help. This topic describes the steps you have to follow in order to enable your solution to use PageFlow Application Block.
  • Read the topic Inspecting the Software Factory Assets | Application Blocks | Development Activities of the WCSF Help. This topic describes the common development activities that you perform when you use the Page Flow Application Block.
From this topic, please ignore the Create a Page Flow Project, instead of this, you have to create a State Machine Workflow Library project. Add to this project a reference to Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow assembly and to Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow.WorkflowFoundation. Your StateMachineWorkflow have to inherits from Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow.WorkflowFoundation.Activities.PageFlow instead of StateMachineWorkflowActivity.
Also, remind that you have to retrieve the PageFlowProvider by the public property from the static class PageFlowDirectory instead of using the ProviderDependencyAttribute.

I do it in this way and I don’t have any problem. If you have any doubts, also you can check the PageFlow quickstarts including in the WCSF Source Code.

BTW - If you want me to send you the test solution, please send me a message through Codeplex contact's page.

Let me know if this helps,

Ezequiel Jadib
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ejadib