Missing a Recipe - Add New Website

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Jun 20, 2007 at 4:10 PM
I would like to add a second C# WAP to my WCSF Solution. Seems like there should be a recipe for this since the module recipes allow you the option of choosing the web project for which they are associated.

How do you guys do this internally? This can get quite ugly as one either has to

• Manually copy and paste over the DevelopmentWebsite, alter it, and include in project
  • Create a new WAP, modify csproj file, add references, copy over some shared stuff from the DevelopmentWebsite

Seems like there should be a recipe that allows one to add a new website.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Jun 21, 2007 at 6:04 PM
Hello,

Did you ever figure this out?? I am trying to create a new website to my solution. Then add a business module to that links to it. However, it keeps wanting to use the DevelopmentWebsite. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jordan
Jun 22, 2007 at 1:29 AM
I have figured it out, but you have to do it manually as I mentioned in the previous post.

This is an oversight by the P&P Client Team. If you allow people to choose a website to associate a module with, it begs the question how in the heck do you add a second website to the solution? Not to be offensive to the team, but someone who actually develops with the software factory would pick up on this right away. This is the problem with the P&P Client Team not dogfooding and harvesting the factories based on need. They miss these obvious oversights.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM
I have the same problem