WCSF 1.1 RC and Guidance Wizards

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Jun 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM
Has anyone run into a case where the Guidance Packages no longer know what project is your web project? I was adding a couple business modules and also adding some view presenters just fine earlier yesterday. Now all of a sudden today the packages do not seem to know that I have a web project in my solution to tie buisness modules to.

How do the packages know what projects are to be used for the web? I have tried a couple things like disabling/enabling the packages, deleting the solution.gpstate but no luck. If I start a new solution the Add New Biz module and View/Presenter works fine.

Thanks
Jun 17, 2007 at 1:54 AM
Check that the web project has a file called vwd.webinfo in the root. The content of that file should be:

<VisualWebDeveloper>
<Globals>
<UserProperties IsWebProject="true"/>
</Globals>
</VisualWebDeveloper>

That is metadata being used in the Guidance Packages to detect that a web project IS a WCSF web project

Matias
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/matiaswoloski
Jun 17, 2007 at 12:28 PM
That's what the problem was for me. For some reason the file was not a valid XML document. It might have been from disabling the guidance package but I am not sure.
Jul 23, 2007 at 9:22 PM
The recipes on my VS 2005 SP1 disappear about a week after I create a new project. My vwd.webinfo file is identical to a new project's and the sample above, yet I cant run a recipe to add a new View to the project.
Does anyone know what the problem might be?