WCSF and XPO...

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
May 20, 2007 at 11:23 AM
Hi folks,

I would like to use XPO with WCSF and have some prolems to implement the structure of XPO in WCSF. Is there somebody using XPO with WCSF?

I mean I need to write a BasePage to handle the XPO Sessions and write code for the Global.asax and this is not the big problem. The main problem is to handly the Objects with Object Container Data Source. The XPObjects can't be used for design-time Data Source cause it implements the System.ComponentModel.ICustomTypeDescriptor interface to provide dynamic type information.

Is there somebody using XPO with WCSF?

Thank you very much in advance.
May 20, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Yeah, that seems to be a tricky part in general, and I'd like to see guidance for using data layers that don't use simple objects (datasets, your situation, etc). When the OCDS doesn't do the job, what do we do? Object Datasource requires an outside object, so I thought of maybe having the presenter drop stuff in the Context and catch it back, but that seems messy. Otherway would be to do thing without a datasource, but...

For now I only have new projects, so I can make them work with Object Container Data Source, but if, like the topic creator, I was in a situation where that wasn't an option...what ARE the options (that don't involve tripling the amount of code to write :) )