pageflow runtime error "Could not find stored procedure 'RetrieveNonblockingInstanceStateIds'."

May 12, 2007 at 9:51 AM
can anyone help ><..

after run this >> _activityInterchangeFlow = _pageflowProvider.GetPageFlow(typeof(PageFlow1));
Developer
May 14, 2007 at 8:14 PM
Hi Henry, to run properly the PageFlow with Windows Workflow Foundation you have to execute the following scripts:

At %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Workflow Foundation\SQL\EN you will find:
  • SqlPersistenceService_Schema.sql
  • SqlPersistenceService_Logic.sql
The scripts set up the Windows Workflow Foundation persistence layer

At %programfiles%\Microsoft Web Client Factory\Source Code\Blocks\PageFlow you will find:
  • PageFlowInstanceStore.sql
This script creates a database that maps users to page flow instances. This database is used by the PageFlowInstanceCorrelationSqlProvider component.

Execute this scripts and check in the web.config of your application the Connection string you are using.

Let me know if this helps you,
Ezequiel Jadib
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ejadib
May 15, 2007 at 12:43 AM
thanks Ezequiel Jadib, you gave me a very useful information, and the problem has been solved.

another question: the sql script "PageFlowInstanceStore.sql " is that better excuting on my business DB or a stand alone DB?

anyway i wanna thank you again :D

May 17, 2007 at 8:41 PM
Edited May 17, 2007 at 8:41 PM
Hi Henry

The script should be ran on the same database that you have indicated in the <pageFlowInstanceStoreProvider> connection string. For example below the store is pointing to the WCSF_Quickstart SQL Express DB.

<connectionStrings>
<add name="PageFlowPersistanceStore" connectionString="Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=WCSF_Quickstart;Data Source=.\SQLExpress" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
<add name="MembershipStore" connectionString="Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=WCSF_Quickstart;Data Source=.\SQLExpress" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>

<pageFlowInstanceStoreProvider providerType="Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow.Storage.EnterpriseLibrary.PageFlowInstanceCorrelationSqlProvider, Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow.Storage.EnterpriseLibrary" connectionString="PageFlowPersistanceStore"/>

Regards
Glenn Block